Home

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Training logs



I have been thinking recently about what motivates me to keep fit and continue training...
I have mentioned before that I love trying a variety of workouts and fitness challenges but without a platform to record my achievements, I am effectively going no-where. I have used training and nutrition logs in the past and found it very helpful to put my progress on paper. Not only can you monitor your increase in strength/cardio/(insert your own goal) but you are held accountable for the results or lack of results that occur.


There are a number of online training logs out there and which one you use will depend on both how you train and what your goals are. For beginners, or those who do 'general training' and are not working on a particular aspect of fitness, I find a simple daily calendar log to be effective. It allows you to quickly document your workout for each day to ensure you are sticking to your fitness goal.
Sharing these logs with others is also a great way to keep up your motivation levels. Not only can you learn about what others are doing to keep fit but you can add a little bit of friendly competition. Those of you who are training for a specific event or are serious about improving, it might be more useful to try something like this printable workout log where you can pre-plan your workouts, print them off and fill them in as you go. There is nothing better than flicking through your log each month and noticing with delight that you have made improvements along the way without even realising.


I am also a great fan of the 'Food and Mood' diary. It can be used as a tool when trying to lose/gain weight or to pinpoint how food is influencing your mood. What you eat affects your mood, and this, in turn, affects your next choice of food. They are connected in a continuous cycle. By documenting a daily log of food and liquid intake for 1-2 weeks, you may begin to notice interesting eating habits and begin to take measures to address them.

I am keeping a record of my workouts for this month.... why don't you give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment