Home

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pyramid training

Pyramid style training overloads the muscle and is a very effective way of working out! The idea is that you start of easy and continue to add exercises until you reach your peak (or your legs start to shake uncontrollably like mine did).

Check out the Bodyrock challenge I completed this week. It was a brutal session but the different style of training motivated me to do the best I could! I only reached the half way point the first time I tried it, so I am determined to complete the whole set on my next attempt!


Workout Breakdown

Time: +/-30min.Workout Type: Time Challenge Exercises: 5
  • Round 1 = 10 Get Ups
  • Round 2 =Round 1 + 20x Backward Lunge & Sandbag Press
  • Round 3 =Round 2 + 20x Sandbag Squat
  • Round 4 = Round 3 + 10x Burpees
  • Round 5 =Round 4 + 40x One Leg Toe Touch
Instructions:
This workout is like a game. You start with just one exercise and each round you are adding a new one so that in the 5th round you end up doing 5 exercises. Then you reverse the order and start with 5 exercises and work your way down to the first one.

Check out Bodyrock.tv for a full explanation of all the exercises.
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment